Meeting with prospective clients can be a time-intensive process. It can also be a frustrating one, particularly when those meetings don’t result in a sale. There are few things more disheartening than spending an hour talking over coffee with a potential client, only to have them give their business to someone else.
In this episode, host and business coach Tom Ryan discusses a seven-point plan to make that initial consultation both more efficient and more likely to result in a sale. As always, Tom is joined by co-host and producer Jason Pyles.
• Show opening, reflections on Outback Steakhouse
• The benefits of being at the center of an entrepreneur ecosystem
• Turning referrals and meetings into conversions
• Deconstructing the initial consultation
• The 7 steps for a great initial consultation:
1. 20-minute phone consultation: Don’t automatically invest an hour of your time with every prospective client.
2. Define the goal: Explain the goal of the conversation, which is to determine if your skills are a good match for their needs.
3. Discuss their experiences and their needs: Ask about their business and needs, placing focus on what has and hasn’t worked in the past. (This is also a great opportunity to set expectations for pricing.)
4. Discuss your services: Provide examples of how you solved similar problems for clients, and explain how you can help with their current needs.
• To be continued …
• Sign off, and ways to contact the show
Links for Today’s Episode:
Tweet Tom at: @TomRyanAVL
Do you have a question about your business? Tom would love to help you:
Leave a voicemail: (801) 228-0663
E-mail your questions: SuccessInBusinessPodcast@gmail.com
Like this podcast on Facebook
Follow this podcast on Twitter: @TomRyanSIBP
Get every episode free: Subscribe in iTunes